The pleasures of experiencing nature, like trying a sea kayak over the gentle waves of Ago Bay,
The deep flavors of famous local foods, like the shaved ice I tasted on my trip to Ise,
Summer sights that stole my heart, like the Kumano fireworks blooming over sky and sea at once.
Memories are limitless, and thoughts of Mie only grow stronger...
Dreaming of a future visit, for now, I reflect on my beautiful memories and experiences in Mie.
Share your memories of that summer!
「#visitmie」～My Summer Memories～
Post your summer photos, videos, and experiences that impressed you on your trip to Mie Prefecture!
Share your "summer memories" with people from all over the world and win great prizes!
★Those who do not have a photo of Mie Prefecture can also participate! Click here for details
How to Enter
Get your photos and videos ready, showing your Mie memories of trips, food, festivals and events you experienced!
Be sure to tell us the story behind the images you post.
Pictures of souvenirs or photos from past trips are also welcome!
Your own original images and videos of summer memories will be posted under the hash tag #visitmie !
There is no limit to the number you can post.
Feel free to repost past photos!
#visitmie Special Prize
- Ropeway family ticket
Ride the 2161meter long ropeway joining the hot spring town at the foot of Mount Gozaisho to the mountaintop 780 meters above. Enjoy the breathtaking panorama of Ise Bay stretching below your eyes during the journey which lasts about 15 minutes.
- Part 15 pairs of tickets
- Part 25 pairs of tickets
- Part 35 pairs of tickets
- 【Sponsor】Gozaisho Ropeway
- Ago Bay Sea Kayak Tour 1.5-hour Course / Pair Ticket Invitation
In the center of Ise National Park is one of the 3 largest "Ria Coasts" in Japan, called Agowan, the sea also known as the birthplace of pearl aquaculture. In addition, the numerous islands both big and small scattered throughout this beautiful body of water are blessed with lush verdant nature. Row your kayak through the "Sea of Shima" immersed in the magnificent landscape woven with blue sky, blue sea and green islands. Rest assured, accompanied by a guide, even beginners will find the tour safe and secure.
- Part 11 pair of tickets
- Part 21 pair of tickets
- Part 31 pair of tickets
* Tickets valid for one year after being issued.
* No restrictions for the departure date. Please make reservations on the official website.
- 【Sponsor】Shima Nature School
- Kumanojidori, Variety Pack
Kumano chicken, one of the official "Mie brands" certified by the prefecture, is a hybrid of "Shamo" gamefowl, Ise Red Chicken, and Nagoya Cochin breeds. It boasts a supple texture and rich umami flavor. Each of the three 200g packs contain bite size cuts of thigh, breast and fillet meat.
- Part 11 winner (3 packs)
- Part 21 winner (3 packs)
- Part 31 winner (3 packs)
- 【Sponsor】Kumanoshi Furusato Shinkou Kousya
- Dugong plush toys (fluffy dugong)
The most popular stuffed animal in the Toba Aquarium. Cute and soft to the touch!
- Part 11 winner
- Part 21 winner
- Part 31 winner
- 【Sponsor】Toba Aquarium
- Pearl set: Ise tea with pearl powder, Akoya pearl pin brooch
A canister of the original Pearl Falco tea, made by blending Ise tea with pearl powder, will be presented as a set with an Akoya pearl pin brooch.
- Part 11 winner (1 set)
- Part 21 winner (1 set)
- Part 31 winner (1 set)
* The design of the tea can and pin brooch may differ from the photo.
- 【Sponsor】Pearl Falco Co., Ltd.
- Matsuzaka Marbled Wagyu Cake
Created in collaboration with the Mie cake shop "Patisserie La Richetail," Maruyoshi has been able to produce a cake in the shape of a Matsuzaka sirloin roast.
Behind the white chocolate façade lies two kinds of mousse: the gentle sweetness of white chocolate wrapped in the tartness of raspberries.
* Delivered frozen
* Available only in Japan
* Contains no actual Matsuzaka Beef.
- 【Sponsor】Maruyoshi Co., Ltd.
- Aqua Ignis Kataoka Hot Spring Bath Gift Certificate
Winners receive tickets for two to bathe at Kataoka Onsen Aqua Ignis, a hot spring resort that combines "healing" with "cuisine." Kataoka Onsen uses no added water, no added heat, nor recirculation, only 100% pure hot spring water direct from the source.
Said to be the Bath of Beauty, after emerging from these waters, skin feels silky smooth and has a lasting warmth.
- 【Sponsor】Aqua Ignis Co., Ltd.
Please note that prizes may not match the photos, and the contest operator reserves the right to change the prizes awarded.
Support the campaign and win prizes!
During the campaign period, certain contributions will be reposted from @visitmie and campaign participants, chosen by lottery, will receive a beautiful postcard depicting a tourist spot in Mie Prefecture by a Sumi-e artist!
Even if you don't have a photo of Mie, you still have a chance to support the campaign and win wonderful prizes!
Sumi-e artist Hiroshi Tarui
Using the best of Sumi-e techniques, Tarui has used Suzuka ink to create numerous works depicting motorsports.
Starting at Suzuka Circuit, he now conducts ink painting performances nationwide.
-Application period and rules are based on the #visitmie campaign
-Winners will be contacted privately.
Nabana no Sato /Flower Garden(Kuwana City)
At "Nabana-no-Sato", you can see various flowers and trees through the four seasons. The seasonal events which can be enjoyed from spring to winter are popular. > See details
Mt. Gozaisho/Gozaisho Ropeway
Each time you visit, there is sure to be a new touching feeling caused by the different views of each season. The ropeway, which takes 12 minutes for a one way ride in the sky, has one of the biggest scales in the world. > See details
Toba Aquarium(Toba City)
The number of breeding species is the largest in Japan! An aquarium that keeps approximately 1,200 species of animals. > See details
Ise Jingu (Ise City)
Ise Jingu is called "Oise-san" by the locals, and has long been known as the home of the Japanese spirit. > See details
The stone pavement and the beautiful forest. This is a popular ridge on Kumanokodo-Iseji route. > See details
Matsusa beef is known as a brand beef as good as Kobe beef among Japanese. > See details
Suzuka Circuit(Suzuka City)
A sheer excitement for lovers of automobiles! One big recreational park with attractions related to automobiles. > See details
- will run from 10:00 AM on June 10, 2020 through 11:59 PM on August 31, 2020.
Announcement of Winning Entries
The results will be posted on the official #visitmie Campaign website.
Winners of Part 1 will be announced in late September, 2020.(tbd)
- Contestants must be following the official @visitmie Instagram account.
- Contestants must be using a public Instagram account for entry.
- Contestants must agree to the contest Terms & Conditions.
- Accounts that are made private during the contest entry period are not eligible to win.
- Entry photos may be used for promotion by Mie Prefecture.
We will select the winning entries that depict charms of Mie Prefecture based on a strict and fair process.
Winners will be notified by direct message to their Instagram accounts.
- Entry images may be used in official Mie Prefecture websites, social media, posters, flyers, etc.
- Winners must be following the official @visitmie account.
- Winners must reply within 48 hours; otherwise they forfeit their right to claim their prize.
- Book a flight
- Book seats on a long-distance bus
Terms and Conditions
- About Entries to the #visitmie Instagram Contest
Please read these Terms and Conditions before submitting entries to this campaign. All contestants, by submitting entries, are considered to have agreed to these Terms and Conditions.
- Individuals may submit as many entries to the contest as they wish.
- Entry images and video posted with the hashtag #visitmie may be used in official Mie Prefecture websites, social media, posters, flyers, etc.
- If posting a photo or video with a person in it, please ensure that you have the person's consent to do so. Mie Prefecture and the Contest Operator assume no responsibility whatsoever for any issues related to portrait rights or rights of likeness.
- No objections shall be made regarding the operation of this campaign or the winning entry selection process.
- #visitmie PR Supporters and applicants may also participate in this campaign.
We might ask for more information about the experience behind your posted photograph and use these details in a story translated into other languages and published on our official account.
* All information will be published after suitable consideration of personal information and privacy.
- Ineligible Content
Do not post any of the following types of content. If the Contest Operator determines that your post falls into any of these categories, it may be excluded from consideration.
- Content that could be considered offensive, including but not limited to sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable content
- Commercial content, such as content that includes advertising or solicitations to access a particular website or address
- Content unrelated to Mie Prefecture, or content that is determined not to show Mie Prefecture’s beauty or attractiveness
- Content that might cause a conflict of rights with a particular character or celebrity
- Content that slanders a person, company, or organization or infringes on privacy
- Content that infringes on the copyright or portrait rights/rights of likeness of any third parties
- Content posted using an account that impersonates another person or company/organization using their name, etc.
- Any other content that we consider to be inappropriate
Winning entries or prizes may not be transferred or exchanged for cash.
- The #visitmie Instagram Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Inc.
- This campaign uses Instagram. Mie Prefecture and the Campaign Operator are not responsible for any damages caused by the suspension or cancellation of this campaign due to the Instagram or related apps.
- Entrants are responsible for any applicable data transfer or internet connection fees.
- Depending on your device model, usage, and connection environment, in some cases it may not be possible to submit an entry.
- In principle, the Campaign Operator cannot answer any questions about the use of Instagram or device settings.
- This campaign may be modified or cancelled without prior notice. Thank you for your understanding.
- Handling of Personal Information
Any personal information you provide to us will only be used for sending your prize.
- Recommended Browsers
Please view this website on one of the following browsers:
On Windows: Latest version of Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 and above, latest version of Google Chrome or Firefox
On macOS: latest version of Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox
On iPhone/iPad: iOS 12.0 or above
On Android: Android 6.0 or above
- Mie Prefecture Instagram Operating Policy
- Account Name: @visitmie
- Website: https://www.instagram.com/visitmie
- Purpose: To widely promote Mie Prefecture tourism information to an overseas audience in foreign languages (English, Chinese, Thai), using Instagram as a form of promotional media.
- Posting Entity: This account is run by Mie Prefecture Department of Employment and Economic Affairs staff, and staff members of International Tourism Promotion Division are the main managers in charge.
- About Posted Content: Posted content will be information and images relating to tourism in Mie Prefecture.
- Comments Policy: In principle we do not reply to comments, but when possible we try to answer questions, etc. Comments we judge to be inflammatory or inappropriate in any way may be removed without prior notice.
- About Copyright: The copyright for submitted comments is retained by the user who posted the relevant comment(s). However, permission to use the posted comment(s) non-exclusively and on a royalty-free basis shall be granted to Mie Prefecture, and the user agrees not to exercise his or her copyright over the comments against the Mie Prefecture International Tourism Promotion Division.
- Cessation of Account Activity or Account Deletion: If it is determined that posting to Instagram is no longer practical, this will be announced on the Mie Prefecture website, and the Mie Prefecture official Instagram account will be deleted or account activity ceased.
Please send questions to the Campaign Operator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Responses to inquiries we receive will be made first-come, first-serve, on weekdays 10am to 5pm JST during the campaign period.
- Please understand that certain inquiries may take longer to respond to than others.
#visitmie Logo(PDF): PDF