The stone paved path, which is said to be the best on the Kumanokodo-Iseji route, continues all the way into the cypress tree forest.
There are many historical sites such as the "Yonaki-Jizo" (guardian god of travellers), which make the visitors feel the atmosphere of genuine Kumanokodo.
From the ridge, there are mountain climbing route and hiking route available leading to the mountain tops of Tengurayama Mountain, which has a beautiful view from the mountain top, and Binshiyama Mountain.
As you descend the ridge, you will find the Magose-koen Park which is famous for cherry blossoms.
In spring, it is a popular spot where many people come.
* Main spots on the route: "Michino-eki Miyama" → "Yonaki-Jizo" → "Ishibashi" → "Magose - Ichirizuka" → "Karyouen Touitsu no Ku Hai" → "Sakura-jizo" → "Magose-koen" → "Owase Jinja", etc.
* Time of walking: Approx. 2 hours and 30 minutes
* Distance: Approx. 5 km (Michino-eki Miyama → JR Owase Station)
* Locations for resting: "Michino-eki Miyama", "Magose Koen", "Machikado Hot Center" and others.
[To the starting point of Michino-eki Miyama]
* Approx. 30 minute walk from JR Kisei Line "Aiga" Station.
* Take a bus from JR Kisei Line "Owase" Station. Get off at "Washige" bus stop and walk for approx. 10 minutes.
Find nearby accommodations around this tourist spot.
People who looked at this spot also viewed the following spots.
The followings are the tourist attractions close to this spot.
Travel back in time to old Japan! Strolling around Sekijuku
When you think of historical spots in Mie Prefecture, Ise Jingu Shrine is one place that comes to mind, but that’s not all. On this trip, we visited Sekijuku, a town that makes you feel as if you have traveled back in...
Get to know the essence of bonito flakes, an indispensable ingredient in Japanese cuisine
Japanese food is attracting worldwide attention for its health benefits, and “dashi” is indispensable to its flavor. Dashi is usually made from dried kelp or dried bonito flakes. This time, we visited a long-establish...
Inabe Plum Grove: Spectacular Spring Scenery Rooted in Community
For many people, spring in Japan means only one thing: cherry blossoms. In Mie, however, there’s more to the season than just sakura, and stunning views of plum blossoms bursting with color can be seen throughout the ...
Suzuka Forest Garden, a magnificent world-class view in Mie
The magnificent views of the cherry blossom petals blowing in the spring breeze is what people will think of in Japan’s spring season. But in Mie Prefecture, there is a different herald of the arrival of spring. The b...
Japan is famous for its springtime cherry blossoms and Mie Prefecture is no exception. There are many cherry blossom viewing spots across the prefecture, but for those who want to go where those “in the know” enjoy th...