The stone paved path, which is said to be the best on the Kumanokodo-Iseji route, continues all the way into the cypress tree forest.
There are many historical sites such as the "Yonaki-Jizo" (guardian god of travellers), which make the visitors feel the atmosphere of genuine Kumanokodo.
From the ridge, there are mountain climbing route and hiking route available leading to the mountain tops of Tengurayama Mountain, which has a beautiful view from the mountain top, and Binshiyama Mountain.
As you descend the ridge, you will find the Magose-koen Park which is famous for cherry blossoms.
In spring, it is a popular spot where many people come.
* Main spots on the route: "Michino-eki Miyama" → "Yonaki-Jizo" → "Ishibashi" → "Magose - Ichirizuka" → "Karyouen Touitsu no Ku Hai" → "Sakura-jizo" → "Magose-koen" → "Owase Jinja", etc.
* Time of walking: Approx. 2 hours and 30 minutes
* Distance: Approx. 5 km (Michino-eki Miyama → JR Owase Station)
* Locations for resting: "Michino-eki Miyama", "Magose Koen", "Machikado Hot Center" and others.
[To the starting point of Michino-eki Miyama]
* Approx. 30 minute walk from JR Kisei Line "Aiga" Station.
* Take a bus from JR Kisei Line "Owase" Station. Get off at "Washige" bus stop and walk for approx. 10 minutes.
Find nearby accommodations around this tourist spot.
People who looked at this spot also viewed the following spots.
The followings are the tourist attractions close to this spot.
Gourmet Mie Day 4 – Kuwana clams and world-class roller coasters（Article created by Cheeserland）
Today we are onto the last day of my #visitmie trip. I spend 4 good full days in one single prefecture and yet there are still lots of places I have not covered. #Ineedmorelifetimes.
Today we will be venturing into t...
Every region in Japan has at least one well-known foodstuff or local “gourmet” dish, and Mie is no exception. Many of these aren’t the traditional Japanese meals you might expect to find, but are more like regional “s...
You’ve probably seen traditional Japanese sumi ink in some form, whether in traditional black ink-brush paintings or a piece of calligraphy. For almost 1,300 years, just three simple ingredients — soot, nikawa glue an...
A treasure not to be missed in Mie! Ise-ebi (lobster), the taste of fall and winter
It has several names in English, including the “Japanese Spiny Lobster” and in zoology “Panilirus japonicus.” Lacking pincers, some say it is a prawn, yet growing up to 30 cm long, it is often referred to as lobster. ...