The stone paved path, which is said to be the best on the Kumanokodo-Iseji route, continues all the way into the cypress tree forest.
There are many historical sites such as the "Yonaki-Jizo" (guardian god of travellers), which make the visitors feel the atmosphere of genuine Kumanokodo.
From the ridge, there are mountain climbing route and hiking route available leading to the mountain tops of Tengurayama Mountain, which has a beautiful view from the mountain top, and Binshiyama Mountain.
As you descend the ridge, you will find the Magose-koen Park which is famous for cherry blossoms.
In spring, it is a popular spot where many people come.
* Main spots on the route: "Michino-eki Miyama" → "Yonaki-Jizo" → "Ishibashi" → "Magose - Ichirizuka" → "Karyouen Touitsu no Ku Hai" → "Sakura-jizo" → "Magose-koen" → "Owase Jinja", etc.
* Time of walking: Approx. 2 hours and 30 minutes
* Distance: Approx. 5 km (Michino-eki Miyama → JR Owase Station)
* Locations for resting: "Michino-eki Miyama", "Magose Koen", "Machikado Hot Center" and others.
[To the starting point of Michino-eki Miyama]
* Approx. 30 minute walk from JR Kisei Line "Aiga" Station.
* Take a bus from JR Kisei Line "Owase" Station. Get off at "Washige" bus stop and walk for approx. 10 minutes.
Find nearby accommodations around this tourist spot.
People who looked at this spot also viewed the following spots.
The followings are the tourist attractions close to this spot.
Gourmet Mie Day 4 – Kuwana clams and world-class roller coasters（Article created by Cheeserland）
Today we are onto the last day of my #visitmie trip. I spend 4 good full days in one single prefecture and yet there are still lots of places I have not covered. #Ineedmorelifetimes.
Today we will be venturing into t...
Blending Nature and History on the Ancient Kumano-kodo Pilgrimage Trail
The Kumano-kodo trail is a sacred pilgrimage route and an official World Heritage Site. This extensive network of trails has been in use for over 1,000 years and offers numerous hiking options for all levels of outdoo...
SEASIDE TRAIL RUNNING AND MAKING PIZZA LOCALLY - Run in the Fresh Ocean Air and Make Brick Oven Pizza
The Taiki Town Seaside Trail is stunningly beautiful and has numerous elevation changes for trail running enthusiasts. Runners will pass through sections of thick forest, mountain terrain and others with wide-open vie...
EXPLORE OSUGIDANI WITH A MOUNTAIN HERMIT - Spend a Day in a National Park with an Expert Guide
Mie Prefecture is home to the UNESCO Eco Park Yoshino-Kumano National Park, where you can visit numerous waterfalls, hike deep into the untouched forest and enjoy the spectacular views of the Osugidani Gorge.