The stone paved path, which is said to be the best on the Kumanokodo-Iseji route, continues all the way into the cypress tree forest.
There are many historical sites such as the "Yonaki-Jizo" (guardian god of travellers), which make the visitors feel the atmosphere of genuine Kumanokodo.
From the ridge, there are mountain climbing route and hiking route available leading to the mountain tops of Tengurayama Mountain, which has a beautiful view from the mountain top, and Binshiyama Mountain.
As you descend the ridge, you will find the Magose-koen Park which is famous for cherry blossoms.
In spring, it is a popular spot where many people come.
* Main spots on the route: "Michino-eki Miyama" → "Yonaki-Jizo" → "Ishibashi" → "Magose - Ichirizuka" → "Karyouen Touitsu no Ku Hai" → "Sakura-jizo" → "Magose-koen" → "Owase Jinja", etc.
* Time of walking: Approx. 2 hours and 30 minutes
* Distance: Approx. 5 km (Michino-eki Miyama → JR Owase Station)
* Locations for resting: "Michino-eki Miyama", "Magose Koen", "Machikado Hot Center" and others.
[To the starting point of Michino-eki Miyama]
* Approx. 30 minute walk from JR Kisei Line "Aiga" Station.
* Take a bus from JR Kisei Line "Owase" Station. Get off at "Washige" bus stop and walk for approx. 10 minutes.
Find nearby accommodations around this tourist spot.
People who looked at this spot also viewed the following spots.
Local Gourmet, such as Matsusaka beef (Matsusaka Ushi), Ise-ebi (lobster), buffet-style restaurants of oyster all-you-can-eat, souvenirs such as Mikimoto Pearl known as the most high quality in the world, the superb v...
Kumano is a city in Southern Mie prefecture in the Higashi Kishu area that boasts a variety of attractions and UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Within minutes, you are able to enjoy historic shrines, ancient pilgrimage ro...
The Spiritual Majesty of Ise Jingu： It’s the soul of Japan.
Ise Jingu is the most important Jingu in Japan. It’s here, among gigantic, old trees that Amaterasu-Omikami, the greatest of the kami(Shinto-deities), ancestor of the Imperial family, is permanently enshrined. It is a...
Mie prefecture is home to some of the most famous Japanese sake breweries in Japan! Wakaebisu Brewery: Craft Sake Good Enough to be World Leaders
Take a trip inside one of the most famous sake breweries in Japan! Wakaebis Brewery has more varieties than any other brewery in Japan and has served sake to world leaders during the G7 summit in Ise. Step inside a ...