The stone paved path, which is said to be the best on the Kumanokodo-Iseji route, continues all the way into the cypress tree forest.
There are many historical sites such as the "Yonaki-Jizo" (guardian god of travellers), which make the visitors feel the atmosphere of genuine Kumanokodo.
From the ridge, there are mountain climbing route and hiking route available leading to the mountain tops of Tengurayama Mountain, which has a beautiful view from the mountain top, and Binshiyama Mountain.
As you descend the ridge, you will find the Magose-koen Park which is famous for cherry blossoms.
In spring, it is a popular spot where many people come.
* Main spots on the route: "Michino-eki Miyama" → "Yonaki-Jizo" → "Ishibashi" → "Magose - Ichirizuka" → "Karyouen Touitsu no Ku Hai" → "Sakura-jizo" → "Magose-koen" → "Owase Jinja", etc.
* Time of walking: Approx. 2 hours and 30 minutes
* Distance: Approx. 5 km (Michino-eki Miyama → JR Owase Station)
* Locations for resting: "Michino-eki Miyama", "Magose Koen", "Machikado Hot Center" and others.
[To the starting point of Michino-eki Miyama]
* Approx. 30 minute walk from JR Kisei Line "Aiga" Station.
* Take a bus from JR Kisei Line "Owase" Station. Get off at "Washige" bus stop and walk for approx. 10 minutes.
Find nearby accommodations around this tourist spot.
People who looked at this spot also viewed the following spots.
Gourmet Mie Day 4 – Kuwana clams and world-class roller coasters（Article created by Cheeserland）
Today we are onto the last day of my #visitmie trip. I spend 4 good full days in one single prefecture and yet there are still lots of places I have not covered. #Ineedmorelifetimes.
Today we will be venturing into t...
Gourmet Mie Day 3 – Iga Ninja and Iga beef Sukiyaki（Article created by Cheeserland）
It wasn’t until day 3 that I have come to realized that Mie is really blessed with everything. How long can you stay in Mie until you get bored? The answer is… until you get sick of eating good food.
Granted, I still...
Gourmet Mie Day 2 – Divine Ise and Matsusaka beef（Article created by Cheeserland）
Mie Prefecture is blessed with the abundance of both treasures from the ocean and land. In my previous post we have had (actually just me, but it could soon be your experience if you allow yourself to! Hehe.) glorious...
Gourmet Mie Day 1 – Abalone feast at exotic Shima Peninsula（Article created by Cheeserland）
I’m sure you already knew about my #47PrefectureMission and that I have completed this life mission early June this year.
I visited Mie in 2016 for two things:
1.Ise Jingu Shrine
2. Matsusaka Beef
The two things t...